The Bakers Mill Community Association was formed by the residents of the Bakers Mill development in Great Cornard, Sudbury, Suffolk. Its initial aim was to act as a collective “voice” of the many owners and residents who were experiencing issues with the developer or Management Company. However, from its inception it was also intended that the Association would promote a community spirit amongst those who live and work in Bakers Mill, through the organisation of various social events. Key achievements since its inception include:
- Acting as a liaison between the residents and the management company
- Establishing a protocol for supervising grounds contractors
- Persuading the developer to replace the broken surface on the riverside walk
- Persuading the developer to take remedial action to correct design and construction deficiencies
- Liaison with specialist contractors to arrange the removal for willow trees affected by watermark disease
- Key involvement with the process of selecting a new management company
The Association is administered by a committee formed of elected owners and residents and meets regularly.